TheGetaway to Bucharest and Transylvania 2011 It brings us a small first partial vision of a country that is slowly emerging from darker times, with a Nicolae Ceusescu that plunged the population into the most painful famine. The peoples of Transylvania are true story towns, and more with the snow of this time of year. As always, here is our traditional "THE DAY AFTER" ...
We cannot miss our most special thanks to Elias Badenes (our old friend and "crazy computer scientist" -with love- of Castellon) and Ivan (our graphic designer and his great drawings) without whom this blog would never be possible. Special thanks to everyone who has written, that there are already so many that making a list is impossible (the first time we wrote this were friends and family) and the many who have not written but we know you are there.
! UNTIL THE NEXT TRIP!
Paula and Isaac
|WE DIDN'T LIKE:|
- The crowd of stray dogs who live in Romania, some of them somewhat aggressive.
- He character of the Romanian people, serious, cold, distant and unpleasant moments and even rude.
- Unable to enjoy of the mythology of Snagov Lakesnif.
- He snow plow service, let's say something "scarce".
- He interior of the Black Church of Brasov, a lot of hype and few nuts.
- He Brasov town in general, although this is partly because of our misinformation, since we expected a small medieval town and we found a whole city with a "too modern" Historic Center.
- Bucharest by dayIn general, mmm, sad. He still has a long way to go to the charm of the great European capitals.
|WE LOVED IT:|
- Easyjet, punctual, comfortable airplanes, good service and good information, contrary to the many comments read against it (we assume that it depends on the circumstances that are given to you).
- Europcar, of whom we will be happy in the Getaway from Munich and Austrian Alps 2010, with a car in good condition, fast service and timely information on all contract concepts.
- Sinaia, its people and the wonders it hosts, as its Monastery and the Pelisor Castle, beautiful from the outside.
- Pension Beldevere, more than an accommodation, its owners and its NOROC!
- Rasnov and his Fortress, remains of what was once a great medieval citadel.
- The Brasov snowy night and its main square.
- The mostruoso Bucharest Parliament, more for its meaning, than for its architecture, in addition to its beautiful interiors.
|ESSENTIAL / ONCE IN LIFE:|
In the middle of the Carpathians ...
|BRAN AND HIS CASTLE|
A town inspired by great legends
The great discovery of the trip
!! The best tasted in any country!
|FINAL AMOUNT OF THE TRIP:|
|FLIGHTS SPAIN - BUCHAREST (i / v EASYJET)||45,80 €|
|BRAN, BRASOV and BUCHAREST ACCOMMODATIONS||174,27 €|
|CAR (RENTAL + WINTER WHEELS + GASOLINE € 48.01)||172,01 €|
|REST OF EXPENSES (MEALS, VISITS, MISCELLANEOUS ...)||249,08 €|
|FINAL AMOUNT 2 PEOPLE: € 641.16|
|€ 320.58 / PERSON|
|+ TRAVEL GIFTS: € 27.32|